Soccer Training & Skills for Beginners
Soccer is a great game for both boys and girls of all ages. Also, soccer can be immensely useful if you want to improve your physical skills, abilities and fitness level. Within a few short soccer training sessions, your child will learn quite easily the basic skills of the game. Also, it will help to really improve, achieve successful results and become a valuable team member.
So, what are the basic skills?
In this article, we’ll teach you some of the basics of soccer training and skills for beginners, along with some simple tips and soccer drills everyone can practice at home or anywhere.
One of the most important skills when it comes to soccer is dribbling. In essence, it is the ability to control and manipulate the ball with your feet. Meaning that you have to move up and down the field. Every player needs to master this crucial skill. The better you skills of dribbling the better you’ll be able to:
- Set up for accurate passes and shots.
- Get around opposition players.
- Maintain possession even if an opponent attempts to tackle you.
- Move the ball quickly. From defence to an attacking position.
There are many different techniques when it comes to dribbling. However, for you to start from the beginning we’ll focus on the fundamentals only.
Tips for Effective Dribbling:
- Aim to make lots of small and gentle touches with the ball. Avoid heavy touches!
- Keep the ball close to your feet in order to maintain control.
- When moving the ball quickly up the field use the leading edge and keep it close as you get into a gallop. Avoid alternating feet when galloping!
- Watch the ball using your lower peripheral vision. Keep aware of what is happening in front of you or further up the field.
- As you move up the field, alternate your dribbling speed.
- Use your body to defend the ball.
The ability to pass quickly and accurately to a teammate will make you a valuable player in your team and the key to achieve a good passing is a good technique. There are many ways to pass the ball, however, the easiest one and the most accurate for beginners is the side-foot pass.
Tips for proper side-foot pass technique:
- Use the inside of the kicking foot.
- Ensure the kicking foot is at right angles to the ball when you make contact.
- Your shoulders face towards where you want the ball to go.
- Ankle and knee should be strong and sturdy.
- Keep your body weight over the ball.
- Ensure your head is steady and the eyes are fixed to the ball.
- Extend the arms to maintain stability and balance during the pass.
- Aim for the middle of the ball.
- Follow through with the kicking leg in the desired direction.
Since passes can come at different speeds, heights and directions it crucial knowing how to receive the ball with all the various parts of your body. Usually, you’ll have to control the ball using your feet, knees and chest.
If you want to gain control of the ball with the first touch you should consider the following tips:
- Face the player passing the ball. And then get balanced.
- Lift the receiving leg slightly and turn at the hip.
- Ensure the receiving foot is relaxed in order to absorb the ball.
- Aim the inside of the foot in the direction you want the ball to go as soon as the ball hits your foot.
- Aim to keep the ball as close as possible to the feet.
Why Black Eagles Academy?
Black Eagles Academy offers a wide range of innovative, state of the art programs that meet all interests and playing skills/abilities of all players and teams. We focus on helping our players to achieve their long and short term goals soccer wise. Our soccer training for beginners comes in help for players in order to understand what it takes to be a professional soccer player and how they could be the future of soccer.
Black Eagles build a professional environment with UEFA A and UEFA B licensed coaches with years of professional European experience in soccer. At Black Eagles, the European soccer standards make the standards.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact 1.437.996.5390